Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today is a big day.



I'm ordering a thousand dollar pistol.

Just over halfway through the year, and I am going to get the "1911 for 2011". An STI Ranger II in 9mm.

Click for bigger

I have had approval for several days to get this, but there has been a mental stumbling block on getting it. Just hard to wrap my mind around buying a pistol that costs more than 90% of the cars I have ever owned.

My whole reason for getting the STI, and not get a "Mil-Spec" or classically configured 1911 is to show the advancements made in 100 years- and I HAVE a classic config 1911. Plus, this frame/ barrel size will allow me to use the same gear as my Kimber, and 9mm will be lower cost blasting ammo.

The only reason I am getting a single stack instead of an STI 2011 is that spare mags for the 2011 guns are like $70 each!

Expect updates as this progresses.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops.

    Anyway, you know you aren't going to regret getting a high end 1911. I can't wait to see the range report and get some trigger time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just blew $1000+tax, and all I have to show for it is a receipt!

    Now the "up to several month" wait begins.

    ReplyDelete