Thursday, August 18, 2011

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Fox News:

'Bulletproof Human Skin' Made From Spider Silk


This includes the line:
"A Dutch team created a piece of "bulletproof" skin from special, U.S.-made spider silk and human skin cells and found that it indeed can repel bullets -- as long as they're not traveling too fast."

Hell, with that qualifier, I have some bulletproof notebook paper to sell you.

Neo: “What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?"

Morpheus: “No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.… I mean, as long as they aren’t moving too fast.”

Neo: "...."

Morpheus: "You are good to go for a slingshot... Well, one of the Wal-Mart special slingshots, not something that Jorge Sprave makes and posts on YouTube.... best just stick with the little wooden pioneer jobbers. Don't go getting crazy with wrist braces and ball bearings. Those things can mess you up."

1 comment:

  1. It's all about context. Bulletproof for bullets, just not fast ones. Apparently, we've been going about the vest thing from the wrong angle. If we just make them slow down the projectiles, we can have bulletproof T-shirts. Man, I hope Brady Campaign doesn't read this comment and get ideas.

    ReplyDelete