Monday, March 25, 2013

Same story, just a different time

This weekend, I was driving That Kid to his first T-Ball practice.  I was driving a Prius (shut up, I'm not a hippie) when some Def Leppard came on the satellite radio.  That Kid was enjoying the music, and generally rocking out.
Yes, I leave the testicles at home when I drive this.


I had a flashback to when I was young.  Riding in the back of a mid-'70s Dodge van, going to Little League practice, with my mom playing the Doobie Brothers, or Jimmy Buffet on a state of the art 8-Track player.
Google image search for this brought some flashbacks.


The set pieces might change, but the story bears repeating.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome memories! Imagine my shock at 12 years old when I realized that "dorky" music ThatMom listened to was considered "cool" by the popular high school girls. I owe my appreciation of Jerry Jeff Walker, Johnny Cash and Jimmy Buffett to her... among other things.

    It's fun when life comes full circle!

    ReplyDelete