Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Standing on the shoulders of Giants... and pissing down their necks.

I was over on Larry Corriea's excellent blog, reading his latest evisceration of a hatemail troll (why pick a war of words with someone who can write that well?  that's just stupid) and came across this gem from Larry:

"The thing is, the reason why we’re privileged is that we live in the greatest nation that has ever existed. Why? Because it was founded and built upon freedom and capitalism. I’d like to keep it that way so that my grandkids and great-grandkids can also be born into privilege. The other option would be to continue spending America into oblivion, because then we can all suck equally."

 That made me think of the title line of this post: "Standing on the shoulders of Giants... and pissing down their necks."

Seriously.  That is what we are doing when we wake up every day enjoying the freedoms that our forefathers fought, bled and died for- and don't respect the ideals of self reliance, smaller government, freedom, liberty, and risk.  We stand on the shoulders of men like General G. Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine, Samuel Adams, and all of the heroes great and small that came after them and DESECRATE what they stood for. 

For fun, put your favorite hero in the comments, American or otherwise.

4 comments:

  1. Completely true.

    Founding father has to be Jefferson. On a more personal level, my father for instilling all of the above traits and ideas in me so I could be a successful and independent person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post!!

    I've always been an admirer of both Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally back from a marathon 'biz travel then hunting; weekend.

    I think my hero founding father is Ben Franklin. Business man, inventor, entrepreneur, and world leader.
    Outside of that, I agree with 45er- his dad is definitely someone to be looked up to and learned from.

    ReplyDelete