Thursday, December 6, 2012

Verizon wants to know what you are doing

So, Verizon has patented a DVR that can see what you are doing while watching TV, and target the ads to your activity.

They want to:
 target viewers “cuddling, fighting, participating in a game or sporting event, and talking” and match them up with appropriate advertising content.

I see you have changed the channel to Cinemax.  Care to buy some lotion?
 They seriously want to know if you are cuddling with your significant other while watching TV.  I'm sorry, this is just so f***ng wrong, I cannot describe.  It's nuts.  I can't believe ANYONE thought this was a good idea.

Alone with 30 cats?  Verizon suggests a box of Franzia White Zinfandel.


How long until the FBI starts demanding Verizon turn over the records of this 'service'?

"Our records show you were watching "The Walking Dead" while repeatedly working the action of an AK-47.  Come with me, please.
If anyone knows the exec that greenlighted this, kick them in the balls for me, please.

(H/T to Say Uncle)

No comments:

Post a Comment