Monday, November 12, 2012

Do you know how hard it is to find a BCG these days?



Made of unobtainium, it seems.
The last part of the AR Pistol Build build has finally been found.  A Bolt Carrier Group.  The upper should be here tomorrow, and all it needed was a BCG and charging handle to bring it to shooty condition.

But they are sold out.  Everywhere.  With LONG lead times.  On a lark, I went to our local show of guns and found two at the very last table I visited.  I was actually heading to the door when I saw this table, and thought "I should check"... after being laughed at at every table I checked at, they had two in stock. 

Bought this one, a Spike's Tactical, and now I just need to wait on Mr. Postman to bring me the upper.  Then I will have a fully functional (I hope) Fun Gun.

The specs as it stands now is a Del-Ton lower, Palmetto State Armory pistol Lower Parts Kit, an Orion/ Vanderjack 7.5" upper, Spike's Tactical BCG, a no-name charging handle, the Burris Fastfire off of my NEF .45 Colt, a set of MagPull BUIS, and.... I think that's it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on that. I guess I should start frequenting the shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parts are drying up. Don't know if this will continue, but this is my luck with projects. As soon as I decide on a project, the parts or guns just freaking disappear.

      Then they skyrocket in price.... 'till I'm done.

      Delete